From: coreboot [mailto:coreboot-boun...@coreboot.org] On Behalf Of Adam Talbot
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 12:39 PM
To: coreboot@coreboot.org
Subject: [coreboot] 16 GPUs on one board

** The Sender is from outside the Cobham Commercial Datacentre organisation **
-Coreboot
I am totally off the deep end and don't know where else to turn for
help/advice.  I am trying to get 16 GPU's on one motherboard. Whenever I attach
more then 3~5 GPU's to a single motherboard, it fails to post.  To make matters
worse, my post code reader(s) don't seem to give me any good error codes.  Or
at least nothing I can go on.

I am using PLX PEX8614 chips (PCIe 12X switch) to take 4 lanes and pass them to
8 GPU's, 1 lane per GPU. Bandwidth is not an issues as all my code runs native
on the GPUs. Depending on the motherboard, I can get up to 5 GPU's to post.
After many hours of debugging, googling, and trouble shooting, I am out of
ideas.

At this point I have no clue. I think there is a hardware, and a BIOS
component? Can you help me understand the post process and where the hang up is
occurring?  Do you think Coreboot will get around this hangup and, if so, can
you advise a motherboard for me to test with?

Its been a long time sense I last compiled linuxbios. ;-)

Thanks
-Adam