Dear Max,

Am 23.04.20 um 11:28 schrieb Max Zim:
On 23/04/2020 09:24, Paul Menzel wrote:
1.  How do you build the Memtest86+ payload?
2.  What version do you choose? I believe there is *Stable* and *Master*?

I just checked the box in the nconfig menu, so it should be Stable as defined in the coreboot's automated build flow.

Understood. No idea, if the stable tag changed between 4.7 and today.

3.  How do you start the Memtest86+ payload?

I'm pressing ESC and choose Memtest86+ from the payloads menu. I also checked the Debian's Memtest86+. It stuck on both "good" and "bad" coreboot.

Ok, so you are using SeaBIOS as primary payload.

If you add the Memtest86+ payload, which works with coreboot 4.7 to coreboot master, does it still work?

Yes. Workaround previously suggested by Lars Hochstetter also works. I also rebuilt coreboot with Memtest86+ from master, it also works fine while Debian's Memtest86+ still stuck.

Sorry, you lost me. Please give more details, so there is no room for ambiguity – especially when two programs and different versions are involved.

So, coreboot master with Memtest86+ Stable does *not* work. coreboot master with Memtest86+ Master *does* work?

Kind regards,

Paul