Generally agree with what you say below, Carsten.

It is partly my mistake for bringing up 8152bis. I didn’t realize 9051 and 9052
were out. I only brought it up because someone else suggested we put the CWT
CDDL in a COSE document.

I believe there has been some confusion between these two:
   1) The CDDL for a CWT
   2) A new CDDL mechanism kinda like .cbor so that the CDDL for an encrypted
COSE payload can be specified. There would be two parts to this
       2a) Some additional CDDL control add-on to RFC 8610 that is not
COSE-specific
       2b) An add-on to the COSE spec that makes use of the new CDDL control
for payload specification

To write a full tight CDDL spec for CWT, we need all off the above.

But of course the prose-based specification of COSE and CWT are perfectly fine
now; the above would just allow all of it to be expressed in CDDL, rather than
partly in prose and partly in CDDL.

(Seems like we’re in a transition period into the CDDL era were we are going to
have a number of RFCs that add some CDDL to an existing document that isn’t
fully CDDL. Some of these will be because CDDL itself is evolving. Not a bad
thing, but a transition nevertheless).

LL