Len Swindley, Melbourne, Australia

From: d...@mweb.co.za<mailto:d...@mweb.co.za>
Sent: Monday, 14 August 2017 12:27 AM
To: Len Swindley<mailto:len_swind...@hotmail.com>
Cc: Ulster Ancestry<mailto:ulsterances...@hotmail.com>;
CoTyroneList@cotyroneireland.com<mailto:CoTyroneList@cotyroneireland.com>

A wonderful source book for co. Tyrone is "Heather, Peat and Stone - The
Parishes and Townlands of County Tyrone" (ed. William O'Kane) (pub. 1992 by
Irish World, Dungannon)

No Ballinteer townland in County Tyrone.  Nearest spelling is Ballintrain in
Civil Parish of Termonmaguirk (Catholic parish of Beragh)

The title comes from W.F. Marshall ....

"The Lord bate back the rollin' sea
 An' made the worl' for you an' me;
 An' then with heather, peat an' stone
 He built the mountains of Tyrone."

Book was available through the Ulster Historical Foundation

Dave Mitchell
Cape Town
South Africa