Andrew may have been a brother, but it also looks like an Andrew was the
father or grandfather.  Looking at Len's page for Woodend we get the
timeline:

1777 Andrew Nickle
1787 Andrew Nickle
1848 Joseph Nickle (2)
1858 Joseph Nicholl & Andrew Nicholl
http://cotyroneireland.com/rental/woodend.html

I went and mined PRONI's Abercorn records for Woodend and see that prior to
Andrew it was John Nickle in 1751.  There is a reference to his father who
may be the
9 September 1750 Jo. Nichols.  Hard to say if this was the same John or
perhaps the father John or Joseph.  You can place them in Woodend because
the Pearsons at one time held 1/3 of Woodend.  Tidbits are as follows:

27 April 1744.  Jno. McClintock, Strabane to the Earl of Abercorn...  One
Pearson claims a lease of Woodend, although Hamilton describes it 'as out
of lease'; discusses validity of Hamilton's title. [PRONI.  D623/A/27/11].

9 September 1750.  Jo. Colhoun, Strabane, to the Earl of Abercorn...
Letter giving details of the nine units in which James Pearson's farm is
set; the smallest of these units are 10, 11 and 12 square perches each
'those sundry under tenants are poor and have all bog rooms and some of
them have their cabbins kept in repair for them; Pearson built the most of
them at his own cost, his wife not being able longer to suffer his
behaviour, was last year oblidged to bring in her own sister who's husband
is Alexander Wilson, an industrious good weaver and paid Pearson for the
tenant right of the half of what your Lordship wo'd grant in lease; what
they hold now as appears in the mapp will be very litle for both. ***Jo.
Nichols*** tenement was formerly a bleach green and as I propose being
tenant for what part your Lordship pleases in trust for Pearson and Wilson
have some thoughts of repairing that green for my son who is learning to
understand the linning trade; all the tenants through Woodend cutt their
turf in Pearson's bog and there is about thirty shillings per annum for bog
rooms over and above what serves the tennants. [PRONI.  D623/A/30/32].

7 October 1750.  James, Earl of Abercorn to Mr Colhoun...  How Pearson's
wife will get rid of him by bringing her brother-in-law into the land, she
knows best; that the land is little for them both, I can easily believe,
but I cannot make it bigger. I must let it in the separate parcels it now
stands in, unless where any little alteration can be made in the divisions,
to the satisifaction of the parties, or according to your own judgement.
***Nickle*** you will find pays £3. a year. The 'cabbins' I wish had never
been built, and I will have a clause in the new articles to prohibit the
building any new house within a hundred feet of the road. You may draw
articles, if they desire it, for six years only to Denning, Ewing, and
Nickle, and to whom you please for Pearson and Wilson, and to Molloy. The
other tenements are too small for me, and must fall into Denning's holding.
If you find an opportunity of putting the articles into Mitchell and
Macarell's hands, they will with your direction, forward them to me.
[PRONI.  D623/A/13/81].

3 December 1751.  James, Earl of Abercorn, London, to Mr Colhoun...  John
Nickle complains to me much particularly that Pearson is forcing him out of
a piece of land, without having any right to it, and turning Nickle's
father out of a house, that is in Nickle's bargain. [PRONI.  D623/A/14/47].

22 December 1751.  Jo. Colhoun, Strabane, to the Earl of Abercorn...
***John Nickle*** complains without reason; he has all the house and land
that ever he held there; the land he wants was not measured to him, is and
was always a common passage to himself as well as Pearson and cannot be
wanted to either .... I have viewed and compared the parks and wast piece
of ground in the enclosed mapp and they ly exactly in park town as in the
mapp [PRONI.  D623/A/30/129].

Best wishes!

Peter Kincaid

--