Dear List
In my search for WOOLAGHAN and similar names from County Tyrone I have mainly
focussed in the areas around Castlederg as that is where the greatest
concentration lies.

But there is a townland called Killywoolaghan in Ardboe parish, Co Tyrone and a
Samuel WOOLAGHAN leased 8 acres of land including a house and office from the
Trustees of John Mackey at Killywoolaghan, parish of Ardboe, County Tyrone in
1860. Map reference 38.

He continuously occupied this property until 1898, when the reference to the
occupiers changes to 'Reps', perhaps meaning representatives, and indicating
that he may have died.  The next change occurs in 1921 when the occupier is
changed to Ezekiel Watters.

I am wondering if anyone might be able to advise me whether there are any
church records still in existence for this area, and if so, where we might be
able to locate them?  When we visited briefly last year the closet church we
found was St Michaels Church of Ireland in Clonoe, whose sign said had been
established from 1431, but it was all locked up.

I’d like to try and see whether this Samuel WOOLAGHAN had any family.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Best wishes
Fiona Harris
Perth, Western Australia