Rick,

In the early 1600s, the English & Scottish undertakers (ie big landholders)
were required to “Have ready in their houses at all times a convenient
store of arms, wherewith they may furnish a competent number of men for
their defence, which may be viewed and mustered every half year, according
to the manner of England.”

We don’t really know to what extent each undertaker actually followed those
instructions but where they did the local Muster Rolls could contain a list
of every able bodied adult male in the given area. The complete absence of
Morrisons in both Fermanagh & Tyrone (save for the 2 in Strabane) would
suggest to me they hadn’t arrived in big numbers at that time. There’s 329
of them in the 1901 Fermanagh & Tyrone census. None in Fermanagh in 1630
and just 2 in Tyrone. There were a lot of undertakers estates in those 2
counties. If Morrisons were present in significant numbers then you would
expect more to show in the Muster Rolls, even allowing for some estates
that didn't keep records..

I agree with Les that we can’t say for certain, but my feeling is they
hadn’t arrived in Kilskeery by 1630.

Elwyn