Lyn;
Your opinion regarding the tasks associated with growing potatoes is

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: EVELYN CARDWELL via CoTyroneList
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2018 7:54 AM
To: CoTyroneIreland.com Mailing List
Cc: EVELYN CARDWELL

Ron's description of the joys of planting and picking potatoes is an excellent
record of the task and backache involved before mechanisation.  If only more
people would record their memories like this.

However most people in early 19th century Ireland were only growing smaller
quantities for the use of their families, perhaps an acre or two at most, and
not on a commercial basis.  With families to assist, it was not a particularly
time consuming task, especially during the growing season in summer.

Lyn;
The insinuation of the opinion you expressed regarding those with an acre or
two of potatoes is blind to the reality of life in Ireland for the majority of
the population. Have you considered: the impact of the Penal laws, the absentee
landlord system, political and legal systems designed to hold people down ,
etc, etc, etc. History is not something that we can pick and chose from to
support our position.  To do so is to build barriers and to carry into the
future that upon which the sins of the past were founded.
Regards;
Patrick J. Logan (Lagan)

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 at 19:01, Ron McCoy via CoTyroneList