JoAnn,

You haven’t said what denomination your McQuade family was but looking at
the 1901 census for Tyrone all 131 were RC so I’ll assume yours were too.

I searched the rootsireland records for any McQuade children born in Tyrone
in 1830 +/- 10 years to parents named Dominick and Susan. I did not find
any. I also checked the Ancestry RC records and likewise didn’t find
anything. The problem may be that the parish your ancestor came from may
not have records for that period. That wasn’t uncommon.  Many RC parishes
didn't start keeping records till the 1820s or later. There are few other
records to refer to at that period.

I checked the tithe applotment records for Tyrone for the period 1825 –
1835. They should list anyone with land (the tithes were essentially a land
tax). There was no Dominick McQuade listed suggesting your ancestor
probably wasn’t a farmer.

Statutory death registration started in Ireland in 1864. I searched the
stat records for  Co Tyrone for a Dominic(k) who died 1864 – 1901 but did  find
any. Likewise for Susan, I found just 2 of the right age. One was a
spinster who died  in 1884 aged 72 and the other who died 23.5.1899 aged 75
was the widow of Patrick McQuade. So, if they came from Tyrone, it appears
that your ancestors both died before 1864. In which case there may be no
record of their deaths.

I also searched Griffiths Valuation (c 1860) for Dominick and Susan McQuade
(and variations) but did not find either. That also suggest both were dead
by that era.

Possibly DNA testing may be a way of matching with others who have
additional information about where the family originate. Family Tree DNA
reportedly has more people with Ulster roots than any other company. That
obviously increases the chances of finding a match. You might want to try
them or, if you have already tested, you can transfer your results to them
for no fee.

The North of Ireland Family History Society is running an Ulster DNA
project in conjunction with FTDNA and can offer testing kits at a reduced
price.  http://www.nifhs.org (Go to DNA project on the website).

Elwyn