Dear Marion and Len,

Did any of you had the chance to look at any of the Derry Bishopric
Estate records at PRONI in the end? I would be interested to know what
kind of information these might contain and whether they would be
useful in trying to trace Lee/Lees ancestors who lived on Church
lands.

Kind regards,

Tunji Lees

----------

Hello Marion,

I cannot recall sending you the Bishopric of Derry Estate details, but
I guess I did. The data would have been extracted from William
Roulston’s essential research tool RESEARCHING ULSTER ANCESTORS
1600-1800 (2edn edn.,2018) Ulster Historical Foundation, Belfast.

Pre 1800 rentals and leases and call numbers are:
Derry Bishopric Estate, all parishes in the diocese of Derry
Rentals 1617, 1688, 1708, 1719 - D/683/31, 275, 278, 287
Leases of the see of Derry c. 1696 - D/683/240
Lease rents of the see of Derry 1718 D683/286
Rental of lands belonging to the bishopric to be let in Clonleigh
parish 1790 - D2798/3/59

Hope this works for you,
Len Swindley, Melbourne, Australia

Sent from Mail for Windows 10