errr last new is 2008 .. last mail list archive is from 2016, last
important, the cvs is  not alive ..

is the first time that i feel worried about a well and non updated
software.. i mean i like that kind of project that are so good that
does not need any new or update but..

but currently seems many projects need patches or report problems..
and some other dont used fam or gamin now!

i found this interesting post about this issue:
https://tvi.al/how-to-fix-the-gamin-fam-issue/ seems we must install
gamin instead of fam and verify that files are owned by an existing /
real unix user, otherwise, gam_server won't start but does not explain
why fam is not good for

Gaming is on demand, it relies on per user server, no system wide
server, instead fam is system wide and does not need real users to
watch inodes.. there's  inotify-tools but only on linux..

Theres some other interesting things like the fsniper tool for
watching a directory and processing event scripts based on the
filetype of new files that appear in the directory, or incron for
triggering scripts based on filesystem events, but those are just
trick or scripts..

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com