PICCORO McKAY Lenz writes:

El mar, 26 de ene. de 2021 a la(s) 09:00, Alexey Vlasov
(m...@renton.name) escribió:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 10:52:51PM +0100, Ángel wrote:
> > On 2021-01-12 at 18:02 -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> > > It's theoretically possible to run "ps" in a subprocess and kill
> > > the gam_server process. That will result in a failed socket
> > *If* Alexey is running each user under a different uid, it would be
> > simple to find the right gam_server which is not working.
> course, this is not entirely true as I wanted,
> but it's better to get only one error during authorization
> and the next time the user tries to log in
> we get a work mailbox instead of hangs unclear for how long.
it makes sense. . what about that patch SAM ?

This kind of a hacksaw solution to fork off "pkill" is fine for a custom, local hack. But this is not a practical, general solution for a number of reasons. The correct solution is to determine what's broken with gam_server, and fix it.