On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 08:39:19AM -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> The correct solution is to determine what's broken with gam_server,
> and fix it.

I think it doesn't matter if there are bugs in the FAM/Gamin or not (of
course it would be better if there weren't). But we definitely
shouldn't rely on the fact that some external services (especially userland)
will work without bugs.

All programs will freeze sooner or later (I have tons of
sensors for hundreds of different services), this is just an
indisputable fact, and we must be able to handle this, otherwise we get
what we have now, namely an broken user's mailbox, and no one except the
admin with their own hands will not be able to fix it.

Honestly, some kind of stone age.

In this situation, we to either preventive prohibit people from
using FAM/Gamin, or courier-imapd should itself get out of this
situation.