El vie, 6 de mar. de 2020 a la(s) 18:49, Sam Varshavchik
(mr...@courier-mta.com) escribió:

> PICCORO McKAY Lenz writes:
> >    userid, groupid, and home directory. At which point the actual
> >    authentication module becomes irrelevant.
> > no sam! seems if you uses sql db based the uuid and giid must mach with a
> > virtual users that will represent the undercover users on auth module in the
> > database table.
> There is no law that says all sql records must have the same uid or gid,
> either explicitly or the SQL query in the configuration file hardcoding them.

In fact documentation lacks that uid and gid must match directory of
maildir,  https://www.courier-mta.org/authlib/README.authmysql.html it
not poin "required"m but if you dont input the uid and gid
virtualusers never work, cos we need to know the owner of the mail box
for delivering.. same problem with maildrop and spamassasing
integration for virtual users

When setting up virtual users in courier, I found that you need one
real user per virtual user domain. This means that it is mandatory to
configure the giud and uig in the users DB, which is not mentioned in
the documentation, this is based on the fact that for each domain you
need to know the owner of the folders if this flag is activated.

The important part is that as dotcourier is used to do the delivery
from the real to the virtual folders, this same behaviour is
impossible for real users, which seems to me illogical from a human
point of view, but logical from system courier logial workflow,
disabling IMAP_MAILBOX_SANITY_CHECK this can be done of course.. but
never documented ..

The problem, a lot of confusion and lack of good implementations on
the internet.. so novice administrator starting to learn cannot
implements

You must FIX THE DOCS and point that UID and GID are mandatory always,
and pint that i said in those mails