On 2022-06-02 13:06, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Pramathesh Ambasta writes:

Thanks for uploading the new version.

Among the dependencies listed for the deb package build is libcourierauthlib-dev. The correct library name in a debian system is courier-authlib-dev. Debian build fails because of this

courier-authlib's package produces libcourier-auth and libcourier-auth-dev packages, so that's what all the others build against.

I was looking around how things were named on Ubuntu, and it seems that nearly every "something>lib" stuff was carrying a "lib<something>" name. I.e. libfakeroot, libgdbm, etc. So that's the naming convention I went with.

The deb packaging scripts in these packages are not based on existing deb packages.

FYI: Debian has an entire manual detailing rules and procedures for
such practical details, it's packaged in the "debian-policy" and
"doc-debian" .deb files (different documents, you'll need both).
There's apparently a similar Ubuntu document in
ubuntu-packaging-guide*.deb .

Parts of those manuals are criteria for inclusion in the "main"
download section, parts are practical considerations to make
packages build automatically across all CPU architectures.

Enjoy

Jakob