I know not alot of people actually -like- this method of closing down an
open-smtp relay, but I actually find it to be reliable and fairly
elegant.

So, question Sam: what's the best way of implementing this in Courier?
I would have thought, that for Courier, (it being such a modular mail
solution) that it would be a shoo-in and in fact an optional part of the
dist.

Anyone implementing this at the moment? care to make my life easy as I
am about to do it?

p.s. thanks for help with my 400 Service unavailable, it was that
ldapaliasd was configured badly (revealed further by a recent email
concerning formatting of xxxxxrc files)