Mirko Zeibig writes:

Sam Varshavchik said the following on 06.12.2002 14:23:
 > Mirko Zeibig wrote:
Sam Varshavchik said the following on 05.12.2002 00:22:
[...]
esmtppercentrelay has nothing to do with the contents of any From: header.
So this is strange, if I have an empty esmtppercentrelay and esmtppercentrelay.dat, no replacement takes place.
If I put my zeibig.net in one of the files, I always see my Mail-Header-From replaced by the percentrelay-syntax.
 >>
I stand corrected. If mail goes out via ESMTP, the header rewriting does take place.
[...]
So, zeibig.net gets rewritten.  As it should be.
Pardon me, but what is the sense to do this for *outgoing* mail and change the address in the opposite direction?
Because that's exactly the opposite of what happens on incoming mail: foo%baz@bar gets rewritten as foo@baz. Therefore, it logically follows that for outgoing mail, foo@baz gets rewritten back as foo%baz@bar.




-------------------------------------------------------
This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek
Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users


Reply via email to