Hi,
Am I right assuming that courierlocal's stdin is a file so that the
lseek calls make sense? Who/where does that file get opened? And what is
going to happen if I write to that file?

Rationale for asking is this: courierlocal expects a seekable stdin
(it needs to rewind it upon multi deliveries so it doesn't need to
copy the message into memory) so filtering a message and piping it
back to courierlocal isn't going to work as the pipe wouldn't be
seekable anymore. Now if it were possible to write to the file pointed
to by stdin, one could fork, create a new file with the output of the
filter and finally move it into the place of the original message to
have courierlocal proceed with a modified message (think of maildrop
xfilter capabilities in dot-courier).

If that isn't possible (I didn't ever get round understanding why I'm
not supposed to change the MIME structure of the mail during
delivery), what error code must I supply to silently discard a mail
after reinjecting the processed version thereof (suppose that would
have to be done by means of sendmail, as I'm not allowed to talk to
submit directly, right?)?


TIA & regards,
Gabriel



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: eBay
Get office equipment for less on eBay!
http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/711-11697-6916-5
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users

Reply via email to