Hi Sam Varshavchik,
you wrote.
>> Hi,
>> Am I right assuming that courierlocal's stdin is a file so that the
>> lseek calls make sense? Who/where does that file get opened? And what is
>> going to happen if I write to that file?
SV> courierlocal is a daemon that delivers local mail.  When there's local mail
SV> to be delivered, courierlocal opens the message file, drops root, and runs 
SV> deliver, with the message file on stdin.

I should have been more specific: I was refering to
courier/module.local/deliver.c which also does dynamic delivery among
other things (didnt look at all of it but you would know better than I
anyway ;-).

SV> The deliver process, now running under the recipient's uid, only has a 
SV> read-only descriptor on stdin.

Still for this to work with more than one delivery, lseek(descriptor)
has to work to rewind it. I can't just use a pipe as stdin for the
deliver process as there wouldn't be any more data the for the second
and subsequent reads :-(.

>> If that isn't possible (I didn't ever get round understanding why I'm
>> not supposed to change the MIME structure of the mail during
>> delivery), what error code must I supply to silently discard a mail
>> after reinjecting the processed version thereof (suppose that would
>> have to be done by means of sendmail, as I'm not allowed to talk to
>> submit directly, right?)?
SV> If invoked from a .courier file, a program that terminates with exit code 99
SV> will terminate delivery of that message, to this recipient.


Without bounce I assume. Not feeling like creating temporary files for
local (storing the data in memory and assigning stream controls to
that buffer is theoretically possible but a rather bad hack and not
exactly safe either), I'll probably go that route. Maybe add a feature
to deliver.c that allows it to decide whether a filter was run on
that message already without modifying the filter.





Regards,
Gabriel



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: eBay
Get office equipment for less on eBay!
http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/711-11697-6916-5
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users

Reply via email to