Gabriel Ambuehl writes:

Hi,
Am I right assuming that courierlocal's stdin is a file so that the
lseek calls make sense? Who/where does that file get opened? And what is
going to happen if I write to that file?

courierlocal is a daemon that delivers local mail. When there's local mail to be delivered, courierlocal opens the message file, drops root, and runs deliver, with the message file on stdin.


The deliver process, now running under the recipient's uid, only has a read-only descriptor on stdin.

If that isn't possible (I didn't ever get round understanding why I'm
not supposed to change the MIME structure of the mail during
delivery), what error code must I supply to silently discard a mail
after reinjecting the processed version thereof (suppose that would
have to be done by means of sendmail, as I'm not allowed to talk to
submit directly, right?)?

If invoked from a .courier file, a program that terminates with exit code 99 will terminate delivery of that message, to this recipient.




-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: eBay
Get office equipment for less on eBay!
http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/711-11697-6916-5
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users

Reply via email to