Again:

+---[ man 'authlib' ]----------------------------------------------

|        authpam
|               authenticates using the system's PAM library (plug­
|               gable  authentication  module).   This  is,  essen­
|               tially, a way  to  use  existing  PAM  modules  for
|               authentication  functionality.  Note, however, that
|               the authenticated account's home directory,  userid
|               and  groupid  are  still  read from the /etc/passwd
|               file, since PAM functionality is limited  to  vali­
|               dating account passwords.
+------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does this module does not use "libnss", which does the
job for /etc/passwd.  I think, authpam should use libnss.

Any developer comments?

Adding "libnss" will solv all problems, because I am using
"libnss-pgsql". And because "courier" does not support it,
I need to sync several times daily 86 Mailservers manualy
with this stupid /etc/passwd.

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi