Hello Martin,

Am 2007-01-26 09:34:05, schrieb Martin Schuster:
> Which Kernel are you running?

2.4.32

> Maybe try Con Kolivas' Patchset for servers:
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/

I will check it out, but...

> What does   zgrep VMSPLIT /proc/config.gz  say?
> free ?
> cat /proc/vmstat ?

Does not exist to since it is only in Linux 2.6

> Try again without swap (swapoff -a)?

Oh my Swap is a dedicated Harddisk of 18 GByte (U160)

But removeing the 8 GByte swap kill more then the imapd.

But I have encountered a weird problem using mutt.

I use procmail as mailfilter and if a message comes in, it is moved

    ~/Maildir/.some.path.mailbox/new

which is right.  Now if I connect with mutt per NFS all is working
fine.  I candisconnect and reconnect and I see my NEW message again.

BUT, if I connect via IMAP, mutt moves first ALL MESSAGES from "new"
to "cur" and then list the mailbox.  Now if I disconnect, and reconnect
it does not more detect the messages as new, since they are moved to
"cur". I must select the mailbox manualy and then I see the NEW messages.

Now I have the question:

Ist this a BUG from MUTT or COURIER?

The problem is, that this operation seems to eat heavily memory and if
more then 5-7 user connect at the same time to the Courier, it kill it.

It eat 8 GByte of swap and 3 GByte of memory...

Oh yes, most Mailboxes have minimal 6000 messages in it.
Some of my personal Mailboxes over 100.000.

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)