Hi,
I guess I have some understanding problems of the -block option. I want to use
a standard DNSBL to drop spam. But I also want to count the hits by the DNSBL.
My idea was to use maildroprc to run an external program and then block the
mail. Thus I have added the following option to esmtpd:

BLACKLISTS="-block=ix.dnsbl.manitu.net,BLOCK_DNSBL_MANITU"

As far as I have understood BLOCK_DNSBL_MANITU is an environment variable
which gets set if the sender IP is listed in the DNSBL. Now I did the
following in maildroprc:

import BLOCK_DNSBL_MANITU
if ( $BLOCK_DNSBL_MANITU )

But that did not work. The "if" was always false. How do I use
BLOCK_DNSBL_MANITU in maildroprc? What is it initialized with? Is it
initialized with the result of the TXT record query on the DNSBL?

regards
Daniel

PS: Yes, I used search engines. But looking for "courier block dnsbl" or
something similar is... well... it is simply painfull :)