> On 23 Jul 2016, at 12:05 pm, Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-cour...@fmp.com> wrote:
>
> I've run into a couple of articles, including the Wikipedia article at
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maildir> on maildirs which state that
> the internal management of files in the new, tmp and cur directories is
> the responsibility of the client's MUA ("When the mail user agent (MUA)
> process finds messages in the new directory it moves them to cur (using
> rename()"). This makes no sense.

Maybe it's just alluding to clients that deal in Maildirs on their local file
system (e.g. pine or elm?*), whereas the same is also implied for pop3/imap
services?

* (since it's been >10 years since I last used a remote command-line mail
client I can't remember if those dealt in Maildirs or just mbox, but the idea
stands)