On Sun, 2016-07-24 at 08:41 -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> I don't think this is quite correct either. rsync operates at a file
> level and should NOT move messages from new to cur. The distinction
> should specify that a "mail retrieval agent" operating directly on a
> Maildir MUST (not MAY) move files from new to cur. This includes a MUA
> operating on a _local_ Maildir, as well as a daemon such as impad or
> pop3d, all of which provide a message level interface in the mail
> handling stack. rsync doesn't qualify as a "mail retrieval agent".

The term "mail retrieval agent" should be linked to <https://en.wikiped
ia.org/wiki/Mail_retrieval_agent> although this article could also
stand some improvement since it gets the relative functions of a MDA
and a MRA in the mail management chain somewhat out of sync.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "UNIX is user-friendly, it just
FMP Computer Services |       chooses its friends."