The idea behind a discussion about 3 years ago regarding the THEN
coworking.com, coworkination.com is that the site is used for the following
purposes:

1. Information on the movement and how to get involved
2. An up to date map of the current coworking spaces
3. That map is generated by signing up with a 'space' (because of spam,
those can be voted off the island)
4. If you are part of a space (owner, permanent tenant), you can sign up as
an individual under coworkination + a space, if you are nomadic, you sign up
as an individual and 'check in' to spaces you visit.
5. There was a foursquare-like element with space badges that would appear
on your profile (spaces you visit)

And...eventually, there was to be a geo-logging element to it. We discussed
using something like Plazes.com (acquired by Nokia since then) to have
anyone who opened a laptop in a space automagically check in.

But it wasn't meant to be some formal organization. The goals were to:

1. Give n00bies information and directions to their nearest coworking space
and for those interested in starting a space, good information.
2. Give coworking spaces a platform to shine on
3. Give all of us a more accurate read as to how many real coworking spaces
(there is too much spam on the gMap) there are and who to contact in regards
to those spaces.

But really nothing else. I am still leaning towards that idea.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:53 PM, TCS <c...@thecreativespace.ca> wrote:

> My take: don't form a new entity.
>
> TCS is a labour of love as most of these space are...we break even most of
> the time but as individual companies we've all grown and increased revenues.
> coworking.com is just another way for us to help the movement of
> relationships, collaboration and creativity (TCS 3 value words)
>
> coworking.com is worth the investment into our vision.  Use the funds, buy
> the domain.  you'll have to live up to your promises of donation = some
> value, but for us, the value is 3 fold.  One: we can bring all the
> discussions (wiki, group, etc) under one roof and Two: we can loosely own
> the term which can help us all on going.  and Three: We have a distinct hub
> for new spaces to come to and learn.
>
> Chad
> *
>

> *
> Chad Ballantyne
> Creative Director
> www.thecreativespace.ca
> 705.252.2423
>
> ΓΌ Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>

>  --

tara 'missrogue' hunt

Book: The Whuffie Factor (http://www.thewhuffiefactor.com)
Blog: HorsePigCow: Marketing Uncommon (http://horsepigcow.com)