Hey there fellow coworking peeps,

I have an issue I am sure many of you have dealt with and am interested in
hearing some of your ways of handling it:

In the days of cell phones with with various ringtones we have a new adventure
in establishing etiquette, some establishments ban cell phones all together,
others require them to be silent only. In coworking spaces cell phones are a
necessity, entrepreneurs must use them to conduct business, so banning them  is
out of the question. But everyone has a personal threshold for how loud they
set their phone and what types of ringtones they choose to use. Personally, I
like a ring that sounds like a phone, or is as unobtrusive as possible.

I received a complaint from a long time member today about the noise level
caused by ring tones and a request to do something about it. I usually handle
this kind of thing on a case by case basis. If someone's phone is loud and
annoying I take them aside and ask them to turn it down, if they leave it on
their desk and it rings incessantly I turn it off.

So, my question is: Barring requiring everyone to place their phones on
vibrate, what have some of you done to deal with this issue?

Your feedback is very much appreciated!

Iris

Iris Kavanagh | Revolutionary + COO NextSpace Coworking + Innovation, Inc
contact | i...@nextspace.us | http://twitter.com/slickiris | 831.420.0710

Local Freelance Camp Organizer/ Worldwide Camp Facilitator

Freelance Camp. In Business For Yourself, Not By Yourself. Find one near
you…http://www.freelancecamp.org/