Hi Jay,

Sounds like an awesome vacation / coworking tour! 

Where in California will you be over the next week? I am know quite a few 
of the spaces and would be glad to direct you to some nice ones. And when 
you make it up to San Francisco let's grab a beer!

Cheers,
Eric ([email protected])


On Thursday, June 7, 2012 9:51:08 AM UTC-7, Pantha Jay - new Melbourne 
cowork space wrote:
>
> (Hablo espanol - si hay alguien quien quiere leer ese mensaje pero no lee 
> ingles, solo tirame un correo y les voy a comunicar directo)
>
> *Hi all!*
>
> My name's Jay, I'm* starting up a coworking space* in the seethingly 
> creative, entrepeneurial, interdisciplinary hotbed of *Melbourne, 
> Australia.*
>
> First up - a HUGE thanks for the resources posted by many of you in this 
> and other contexts, it's mighty enabling!
>
> I'd love to come and *visit some existing coworking spaces*, and perhaps 
> talk with founders/facilitators/leaders as well as members.
>
> I'll be in *California between 15th and 20th* of June (yes, next week!).
>
> Then in *Europe around the 27th June to the 3rd July* (with Germany as 
> the epicentre - but have questions, will travel!).
>
> Then *Hong Kong/China 4th July to round 11th* (mostly Shenzhen but maybe 
> up to Beijing as well).
>
> If anybody would be available that would be great - and if any of you can 
> suggest a kind of bucket list of cowork spaces in the region - like any 
> that are so good they shouldn't be missed! -  that'd be appreciated too. 
>
> A bit about myself - I'm an ex NGO manager with heavy chops in volunteer 
> management, informal learning, community development, systemic advocacy, 
> and change, with recent years dedicated to entrepeneurial endeavours in 
> everything from phones to jewelry, IT startups to underground music events. 
> In between I've been a chef, DJ, scuba diver, writer, and astrologer. I 
> probably shouldn't have left that one til last! Anyway I'm a 
> multidisciplinary thinker and I can promise some good listening skills - 
> maybe even some helpful insight from an outsiders POV - I've done lots of 
> organisational consulting on change dynamics and similar processes.
>
> For the cowork space we're developing in Melbourne's north (Thornbury), 
> I'll be taking my cue from what many of you people have articulated about 
> the importance of developing some kind of core community first. So we're 
> renovating a building now but in the next days watch for an invitation to 
> get involved and shape everything from the name to the membership 
> structure. I'm open to any and all advice and will be posting questions 
> here to you good people just as soon as I've read through the treasure 
> trove that is the back catalogue of posts in this forum!
>
> Thanks! Jay
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/coworking/-/fjk_5vZETeYJ.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.

Reply via email to