I would recommend laying out your desks, vs. trying to assign a # per desk.
A space that size is much easier to comprehend its realities than, say, 
100,000sf where you'd want to estimate sf/desk.


Jerome
______________
BLANKSPACES
"work FOR yourself, not BY yourself"

www.blankspaces.com
5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea) Los Angeles, CA 90036
323.330.9505 (office)

On Jun 19, 2013, at 2:49 PM, [email protected] wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> 
> First I would like to express how happy and amazed I am at finding this 
> community online. Me and my colleagues stumbled upon the concept of coworking 
> spaces about a month ago and we have formed our own initiative to opening one 
> in Ontario. From what I've seen, this Coworking group is full of helpful 
> individuals who have answered questions on a lot of topics and I am also 
> inclined to ask my own throughout our  company's development. 
> 
> So here goes my first question :)
> 
> We have found a location that is 2664 sqft (Rent= 4262) and after taking out 
> the board room, private office and kitchen we have 1210 sqft to use for 
> desks. What I wanted to know was how much space should we allocate for each 
> desk? I know many of you have said 100sqft but If thats the case we would 
> only be able to offer 12 desks at $455 (Rent + Other fixed and variable 
> costs). However, if we offer 50sqft per desk we would be able to accommodate 
> 24 desks and offer a monthly price of $230. This includes the use of 
> everything and it generates break even for us. 
> 
> -- 
> Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Coworking" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>  
>  

-- 
Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to