I find the clear boards easier to keep looking clean than a trad white 
board. Windex and a paper towel does wonders. You will have issues with the 
dry erase "dust" getting on the surrounding walls and falling to the 
carpet. You could build a simple frame around the clear board to offset 
that a little or just know that you'll need to repaint around the board at 
some interval.

Angel

On Monday, August 11, 2014 1:18:43 PM UTC-6, Anca Mosoiu wrote:
>
> Ooh neat! How hard is it to keep them clean? And do you have carpet in 
> your space?
>
> Anca
>
> On Monday, August 11, 2014, Tom Brandt <[email protected] <javascript:>> 
> wrote:
>
>> At Workantile, we have shifted to old-fashioned chalkboards. They are 
>> relatively inexpensive, chalk is relatively inexpensive, and they are 
>> easier to clean. If you leave dry erase marker on a whiteboard for a long 
>> period of time, it can get difficult to erase. That is never an issue with 
>> chalk.
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 7:40 AM, Angel Kwiatkowski <[email protected]
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Reviving this old thread as I take the Cohere blog back to the basics. I 
>>> finally wrote down the step by step instructions for making your own 
>>> clear/whiteboards.
>>>
>>> http://coherecommunity.com/blog/diy-coworking-office-furniture-whiteboards
>>>
>>> Coming soon--DIY furniture, DIKEA, how I won craigslist and more :)
>>> Angel
>>>
>>> On Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:34:13 AM UTC-6, J. Scheine wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Attn. Coworkers: 
>>>>
>>>> I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with IdeaPaint or 
>>>> Rustoleum White board paint. I have 2 isolated back offices which will 
>>>> be additional free space for coworkers when my facility The Business 
>>>> Corners opens in June. I plan on covering at least one wall with a 
>>>> whiteboard. If I use a paint solution then 3 walls (one floor to 
>>>> ceiling) would probably be covered in each office. I'm wondering the 
>>>> pros and cons of each solution. (ease of erasing/ghosting, size, 
>>>> price, install/prep work, multi-use as a projection surface, etc) 
>>>>
>>>> I checked internet prices for a 6' high by 12' whiteboard and it would 
>>>> run me close to a thousand + tax for each. (and it is 3 panels so I'm 
>>>> not sure how seamless it would appear) 
>>>>
>>>> Ideapaint seems to be significantly more expensive then Rustoleum so 
>>>> anyone with experience with either one please let me know your 
>>>> experience. 
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for your help. 
>>>>
>>>> Sincerely, 
>>>> John Scheine 
>>>> Executive Director 
>>>> The Business Corners 
>>>> www.thebusinesscorners.com
>>>
>>>  -- 
>>> Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
>>> --- 
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>> Groups "Coworking" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>> an email to [email protected].
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> twb
>> member, Workantile <http://workantile.com/>
>> @twbrandt
>>  
>> -- 
>> Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "Coworking" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected].
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
>
> -- 
> -=-=-=-
> Anca Mosoiu | Tech Liminal
> [email protected] <javascript:>
> M: (510) 220-6660
> http://techliminal.com | T: @techliminal | F: facebook.com/techliminal
>
>

-- 
Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to