Hey Guys,

Thought I'd weigh in on this one as a professional painting contractor for 
over 25 years. I added the "dry erase paint" option into my portfolio to 
market to my customer base as a specialty coating, it has been a nice value 
add to my business, and a lucrative one at that. To date I have completed 
over 600 painted whiteboards. I started using Tabrassa from MDC wall 
covering which is a private label brand of Idea Paint. I was able to get 
pretty good overall result with Tabrassa/Idea Paint but encountered some 
serious drawbacks with their system. In my search for the best whiteboard 
paint I have used everything I could get my hands on, namely: whiteyboard, 
write up 1, Sherwin Williams, rustoleum, Remarkable, and smart wall paint 
to name a few. So here's my 2 cents. Rustoleum is absolutely worthless do 
not waste a penny on that, in no way, shape, form, or fashion would I ever 
consider that a dry erase paint. Whiteyboard is very mediocre at best, and 
very lousy customer service. Write up 1 is just ok, but not not user 
friendly at all. Sherwin Williams brand is a just a hair better than 
rustoleum, so I don't reccomend that whatsoever. Smart wall paint is a 
semi-decent product but also not that user friendly. I would definitely say 
that Idea Paint or Remarkable is the way to go, but for me the only product 
I'll ever use from here on out is Remarkable. I have been able to get Idea 
Paint to perform with a pretty good final result, but the drawbacks are 
mainly 3 things. Just fyi I'm talking about their "Pro" version, I have 
tried their "Create" and its very similar to write up 1, and doesn't self 
level at all, way too "stipply". If you want their best paint use their Pro 
version. The pro version has a very strong odor which is a huge turn off 
for my customers. I actually had one customer stop me mid application, NOT 
GOOD! It also takes on the texture of your roller nap which makes the end 
result look like an orange peely type surface, it just doesn't dry as 
smoothly as it should for the money. Lastly, if you happen to get a 
"holiday", paint terminology for a small missed spot, it's damn near 
impossible to fix it, even while the material is still wet on the wall. The 
film forming process is far too accelerated allowing virtually no space for 
error. Now onto Remarkable! I can't say enough positive things about 
Remarkable, it hands down is the best product I've ever used. I have made 
some really good money using the Remarkable system! Remarkable provides all 
the key characteristics I look for in a professional coating. The ease of 
application is in a league of its own, making it super user friendly. It's 
a commercial grade product so durability and wear and tear is just awesome! 
I typically add about 3-5% of water to my mixture and it self levels so 
well it's unreal! I am almost able to get a sprayed smooth finish once it 
dries. Remarkable is far less glossy than every other coating which some of 
my commercial clients who use projectors just love. There is no odor at all 
and it's a soap & water clean up. Their price points are considerably more 
reasonable than Idea Paint and for a bettter product. As a contractor I 
contacted the folks at Remarkable and they provide me with a significant 
discount as I'm a regular user, so very satisfied there, but the thing I 
appreciate most outside of Remarkable's functionality is the outstanding 
customer service I get from Susan at Remarkable. She is always available to 
help me with whatever I need and really helped me out with some fast 
shipments when I was desperate. So all in all, if you're thinking of 
painting a dry erase board or are a contractor looking to increase profits, 
get a hold of Remarkable and you will not be disappointed! The stuff is 
freaking awesome! Hope this helps!

Happy Whiteboarding!

Jonathan


On Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 10:34:13 AM UTC-6, J. Scheine wrote:
>
> Attn. Coworkers: 
>
> I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with IdeaPaint or 
> Rustoleum White board paint. I have 2 isolated back offices which will 
> be additional free space for coworkers when my facility The Business 
> Corners opens in June. I plan on covering at least one wall with a 
> whiteboard. If I use a paint solution then 3 walls (one floor to 
> ceiling) would probably be covered in each office. I'm wondering the 
> pros and cons of each solution. (ease of erasing/ghosting, size, 
> price, install/prep work, multi-use as a projection surface, etc) 
>
> I checked internet prices for a 6' high by 12' whiteboard and it would 
> run me close to a thousand + tax for each. (and it is 3 panels so I'm 
> not sure how seamless it would appear) 
>
> Ideapaint seems to be significantly more expensive then Rustoleum so 
> anyone with experience with either one please let me know your 
> experience. 
>
> Thanks for your help. 
>
> Sincerely, 
> John Scheine 
> Executive Director 
> The Business Corners 
> www.thebusinesscorners.com

-- 
Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to