Hi Sean, My names Lil, I'm starting a co-working space in South Melbourne in a two story warehouse which will double as an events/function space. I came across your post while trying to compile as much information as possible on co-working environments and would love to know how the last year has been for you and Collins Collective?
I was hoping you could give me some advice on the following: - Getting people involved in the space and building a community even while we are in the build phase of this project. - Managing memberships - the amount of members vs the amount of chairs. How have you been tracking how members use the space and how many members you can sign up? - Do all of your members have 24/7 access? And for those that do can you recommend an access system? If there are any other do's and don'ts you could throw my way that you've learnt since you started it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Lil On Saturday, 20 July 2013 20:50:25 UTC+10, Sean Qian wrote: > > HI All, > > My name's Sean and I'm planning on starting a co-working space for my > colleagues and I in a few months. We're all newly registered migration > agents and are hoping to get our own businesses up and running. We've been > meeting at least once a month, usually at a restaurant, to talk over cases > and to catch up but I figure we'd be a lot more productive working together > a few days a week. > > Through a family connection I've managed to secure a premises on Collins > Street, which is one of Melbourne CBD's (Central Business District ie Down > town) premier street locations at a very reasonable rental rate. I've also > negotiated a free period which I'm sure will come in handy. > > The office is approx 90m2, has a large open area, 2 decent sizes office > rooms, a kitchenette and a small office which can be used as a private room > or phone call room. I've uploaded a quick floorplan I drew for those > interested. > > I've been doing a lot of research about the movement and am so eager to > meet all sorts of different people through the process of having a space, > but I've got a few beginner questions which I'm hoping can be discussed and > answered here. > > 1. So far, I think I'm going to have 3 membership packages - an all access > pass, 3 days a week, and the casual 1 day a week. How can I keep a track of > who comes in and when? Is the only solution to purchase/create some kind of > management software like Nexudus or Cobot? I'd like to not have to sit at > the front desk all the time. > > 2. Let's say the office has 85m2 of usable workstation space after the > kitchenette is taken out, how should I calculate how many members I can > there at any one time, and how many members I can have there overall? > > 3. Should I concentrate my advertising/marketing towards other migration > agents or similar professionals or be more broad? > > 4. What are some must have things? Photocopier/Printer? Couches? Water > tank? I will supply a small fridge, microwave. coffee machine, kettle, tea > and coffee beans. > > Any feedback on the above would be greatly appreciated. I hope to have our > co-working space up and running soon! > > Cheers, > > Sean > -- Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Coworking" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

