> they did not hyphenate "Coworking Visa" as that is a name of a program but
> they did hyphenate the word everywhere else in the article.

This illustrates the issue perfectly. If Brad had invented something that
sounded more proprietary, like "Bradworking," then there'd be no issue. But
by calling it something so simple that anyone who saw it could immediately
understand what it was, he made something that could more easily blossom
into a global movement.

The fact that neither he nor anyone else retained control over the word
further allowed for that blossoming, but at a cost. If there's no authority
on the word, issues like this become difficult to overcome.

The only way I could see us making headway would be if some subset of us
formed a sufficiently powerful coalition that could wield some kind of
authority over the word, without violating the decentralized spirit of the
movement.

*--- + Personal: twitter <http://twitter.com/tonybgoode> * fb
<http://facebook.com/tonybacigalupo> * linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/tonybacigalupo>+ Projects: NWC
<http://nwc.co/> * Bossless <http://bossless.co/> * Meetup
<http://meetup.com/coworking-nyc> * NYTM <http://nytm.org/>+ Recent
<http://happymonster.co/2014/08/20/quarantining-new-ideas-for-monthly-review/>
* Routine
challenges <http://happymonster.co/2014/08/14/routine-challenges/> * Act IV
<http://happymonster.co/2014/08/08/act-iv/>*
*+ Currently reading: Nonviolent Communication <http://amzn.to/1sBVeoR> *
Passages <http://amzn.to/1p8rNai> * Work <http://amzn.to/1utpc0l>*
*+ Travel plans: NYC now-9/11 * Boulder 9/11-9/18 * Seattle 9/18-23 * NYC
9/24-Mid-October+ Help: I'm looking for a fab 1BR in south Brooklyn. Let me
know if you have any leads!+ Upcoming: IndieCon NYC 2014 & NWC's sixth
anniversary party. <http://indiecon2.eventbrite.com> Join!*