I think the conversation so far has shown that the "space vs place" debate is
largely over pointless, polarizing, counterproductive semantics.

People are definitely attracted to places.

Many like a place that has some (elbow) space.

This topic could be kicked back and forth for who knows how long, but IMO it's a
distraction that takes eyes off of the prize... which is selling a
largely-uninformed public on the benefits of coworking (or co-working, if you're
not into the whole brevity thing).

Randy

> 
>     On September 24, 2014 at 10:38 AM Alex Linsker <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> 
> 
>     Is there interest in a discussion of the branding of "place" instead of
> "space"? I have a coworking place. I think it's very important to people new
> to the concept and place leads to a warmer feel.
> 
>     http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=place
> 
>     http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=space
> 
>     I don't sell space in a community, I sell place in a community.
> 
>     Alex
>     --
>     Alex Linsker
>     Collective Agency's Community Organizer / Proprietor
>     (503) 517-6900 http://collectiveagency.co
>     Tax and Conversation's Statewide Community Organizer
>     (503) 517-6904 taxandconversation.com
>     (503) 369-9174 mobile (503) 517-6901 fax
>     322 NW Sixth Ave, Suite 200, Portland, Oregon 97209
> 
>     --
>     Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
>     ---
>     You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Coworking" group.
>     To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
>     For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
> 

-- 
Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to