Hello! This is my first time posting but I've been reading posts for several
weeks and I have found some invaluable information, so thanks!

I am opening a Coworking space in Markham (a suburb of Toronto) and I'm
negotiating an offer to lease a space. I have some questions about business
insurance...

1- What insurance companies have Coworking owners/operators used in Ontario for
their business insurance?  I am shopping and don't know where to start! What do
I ask for? How much are people paying in premiums?  Looking for a ballpark...

2- What should the landlord's insurance cover and what should my tenant's
insurance cover when it comes to the space? I am looking at leasing a space in
a commercial condo, one unit in a plaza of about a dozen or so commercial
units. This is what the landlord has put in the offer to lease:

"10. INSURANCE: The Tenant shall provide the Landlord an insurance certificate
with Landord as an additional insured party, and agree to insure the followings:
i. Property of every description owned and operated by the Tenant, including
but not limited to stock in-trade, furniture, alteration and other improvements
not less than 100% of the replacement thereof;
ii. Public liability coverage of 2 million dollars against personal injury,
fire and other perils, contractual liability;
iii. Plate glass replacement;
iv. Broad form Boiler, machinery, air conditioning equipment and electrical
apparatus;
v. Business interruption insurance in such amount will reimburse the Tenant for
any direct or indirect loss of earning attributable to all perils."

I'm looking for opinions on iv. & v. mostly. Thanks for your help!

Cheers :)
Renée