> As we open MalamaDoe, our insurance agent requires a copy of each member's
> Certificate of Insurance.

That's unusual for coworking, and as you've found a pretty obvious case
where it doesn't make sense, you'll need someone who understands coworking
and knows how to communicate with an underwriter. My agent explained to me
<https://dangerouslyawesome.com/2015/03/how-to-get-the-best-insurance-for-your-coworking-space/>
that many insurance agents (and their underwriters) treat members as
tenants rather than organizational members, so you end up with weird
situations like this. You need someone who is going to really understand
your environment and create a policy for it.

Naturally, this is also going to vary a bit from region to region, but
generally speaking you're gonna want a policy that doesn't create more
hoops for your members to jump through.

-Alex

*The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.*
Better Coworkers: http://indyhall.org
Weekly Coworking Tips: http://coworkingweekly.com
My Audiobook: https://theindyhallway.com/ten