Hey Tiffani! Oh, this is near and dear to my heart. My fiancé is a chef and
I've had so much joy watching her get involved in our local food
community...and learning how the approaches that helped get Indy Hall off
the ground apply in her (and your!) industry as well. I plan to have her on
my podcast soon to talk about some of her work...most recently using our
community building process to build a very successful Hallal program within
the university she works at.

ANYWAY, back to your "how do you actually do it" question!

I summarized some of the most important early steps here
<http://dangerouslyawesome.com/2016/04/the-first-advice-i-give-to-almost-everyone-starting-a-new-coworking-space/>.
You can check out another amazing example of the getting-started process in
action in this story from Chicago
<https://medium.com/@alexknowshtml/ive-been-going-to-this-coworking-space-but-e3befd6cbf6b#.kjd6ajj3l>
.

Bottom line is to start by looking to the communities that you're already a
part of, and already exist, but aren't perfect. That's where you'll find
the most amazing clues for what kinds of needs you can serve...and from
there, figure out how coworking (which, at the end of the day, is more
about the act of helping people come together than providing a physical
space) can help solve those problems.

The exact steps vary a bit depending on who's in that community, how people
are already convening, and how they *want* to convene. Don't feel like you
need to invent things from scratch...down that path lies madness. Instead,
focus on helping out things that are already in motion...or things that
just need a tiny OOMPH of encouragement to get going.

Make sense? :)

-Alex

------------------
*The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.*
Better Coworkers: http://indyhall.org
Weekly Coworking Tips: http://coworkingweekly.com
My Audiobook: https://theindyhallway.com/ten

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 1:33 AM, Chef Tiffani Rozier <
tiffani.roz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to start a coworking space in Phoenix, Arizona..with a focus on
> food and hospitality. All the research I've done strongly recommends
> building the community first. My question is simple, how do you start that
> community??
>
> --
> ---

---