> +1 to what Alex said, our Community Manger regularly says to people, "Um,
> about that mail?  It looks like something you might want to, say, I dunno,
> OPEN?".  Or words to that effect.

I think a lot of mail is not picked up because of the inscrutable habit the
government, banks, etc have of sendng both electronically and via regular
post.  So I thnk sometimes it's because they already have the mail.

Our system allows people to say what they want to happen when their mail
comes in.  Some folks just come by every so often anyway, and they just
want it where they can get it.  Some folks want us to app them a picture of
their mail when it comes in.  Some folks want us to scan it and email it to
them, or physically mail it to wherever they are in the world, which
service is offered by one of the other coworkers.

We have a central office storage cabinet like this sort of

[image: Image result for office storage cabinets]

And it contains coworker stuff.  Many of our coworkers who come regularly
anyway, have an archive box in the cabinet for their post.  Like this here:

[image: Image result for document archive box]

Or for smaller companies, like this:

[image: Image result for file folder documents]

For folks who just have a one-off delivery or our more nomadic members, we
have an alphabetical sorter like this:

[image: Image result for alphabetical file sorter]

All of these items are in the cabinet.  Folks who have a door code can just
get their stuff.  Folks who do not, have to wait for the Community Manager
to give them their stuff.

Small packages can be accepted and handled in all the spaces; large
packages, pallets, machines, and other unwieldy items are sent to one of
our two spaces which have warehouse space.  Anything not picked up in a
month is subject to a storage fee unless arrangements are made.  I did this
last because for whatever reason, people will pick up their mail to avoid
paying very small amounts of money.  *shrug*. But otherwise (for some
folks) it threatens to compost while waiting to be picked up. :-)

Jeannine