Oh that happens a lot, I have grown used to it over the years :-)

I think the primary difference, as was pointed out somewhere else in
another thread, is that this kind of thing depends very much on how we see
our role.

My brand is, that it isn't my decision (beyond legal questions of course).
It is the decision of the coworkers and is looked at differently in each
location. Several of the spaces in the network do not have retail at all
for example, online or otherwise.

My job is to facilitate the discussion where necessary.  In theory I would
make a call if it were close: but I have the advantage that he Dutch are
culturally very good at this kind of thing.  They even have a word for it:
they call it *polderen* and that means, the process of reaching consensus.

It has been a real education to see it in action.

In any event, I am not at all sorry to have the coworker, they have been a
great asset and a joy to know.