We were approached by a local company who recently moved into a really cool
old industrial building and signed a lease for more space than they need.
They've offered us a sublease of half the floor (about 4000 sq ft), which
is nicely divided from their space by a wall. On most days they only have
5-10 people in working, so our 46 (and hopefully growing) members would
significantly outnumber them. Our members would walk through a shared
hallway, then turn left into our space so they would not have to walk
through the other company's workspace to get to ours. The representative we
are talking to says they are open to just about any financial arrangement.
It almost seems too good to be true - almost. We currently own our building
and the entire building is used by our coworking community, so this would
be a big change. We're concerned about a loss of identity from being in
someone else's space. We also not used to having to check with others when
we want to do something to our space. Has anyone done anything like this
and, if so, can you offer some pointers?

Julia Ferguson
Cowork Frederick