I just had a coworking friend from Charlotte stop by and he mentioned how
much their podcasting studio is adding energy to his space. So I talked
around and I can feel some of the same excitment building in our community
when I bring it up here.
So we are converting an interior office into a podcast studio. I want it to
have professional equipment that is easy to use. This isn't going to be the
highest end but good for business to make quality podcasts that sound
great. We are doing this for a few reasons:

   1. The community wants one - granted not many but three members would
   use it
   2. Offices aren't exciting to me.
   3. Competition is high in Denver for offices so this interior one sits
   up 2 to 3 months out of the year and doesn't pull in much money, $500, even
   when it is rented.
   4. It's new way to get people to create is fun and is a driver to
   building a community
   5. Anytime you give your community a tool to create it builds an
   opportunity to bond over.
   6. It should bring in revenue than the office. I'm hoping for 50% higher.

I'm coming at this from a fairly naive perspective right now so I would
love some feedback. Here is what I'm thinking. The podcasting studio will
cost me around $700 in new furniture, purchased from IKEA. I'm looking into
this equipment which will cost me about $1500.

4 of these mic set ups,
https://www.amazon.com/Rode-Procaster-Booming-Kit-cable/dp/B00D390QZO/ref=pd_sbs_267_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00D390QZO&pd_rd_r=DZAKK8A0ZPHPCEQ2QSS0&pd_rd_w=mr88U&pd_rd_wg=fpqG9&psc=1&refRID=DZAKK8A0ZPHPCEQ2QSS0

4 channel mixer
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDRUQXC/?coliid=I9QYQX1O17AXM&colid=PMLMWDDYP2ZY&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

*Does anyone have any experience with a podcasting studio, things to try,
pitfalls to avoid, etc?*