Hi Brian
if I may be so bold, sounds like you are not working with a commercial real
estate broker. They would be able to do the first phase of this language
for you in the negotiation as this is material to the business. This can
then be viewed by your attorney when it reaches the lease document stage- a
few dollars spent in advance on this saves you heartache (and money) in the
future. So, this may be for your next location - as you expand! :-)

I don't want to impinge on progress already made. You may already know
this. The broker gets paid by the landlord and works for you and protects
YOUR interests. The commission should already be "baked" into your rental
rate, so don't let the landlord hedge on the rental rate since a commission
would be due. It also creates a buffer for you - you stay on good terms
with the LL and your broker is the "bad cop". It may be a good time to ask
your LL if they've worked with brokers before. Not to nix the deal, just as
a reference point.

If you are doing this on your own, great.

Some language that may be useful:

*Right to Assign/*

*Sublease:*

Tenant will have the right to assign and/or sublet to a subsidiary, related
or successor company without Landlord approval.  Tenant will also have the
right to assign and/or sublet to an unrelated company with Landlord
consent, which shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed.  Landlord
will have 15 days from the time of notice to provide their response to
Tenant’s requested assignment and/or sublease consent.  Tenant will retain
all sublease profits (if any).

Hope all of this is helpful and best of luck
Wendy Spreenberg
SITE REsolutions, LLC
e) we...@siteresolve.com