This right here.

I opened my first space just as the last recession was hitting -- though it
was a slower, shallower curve here in Europe, the sudden shift to mandatory
entrepreneurship came in like a bomb.  Suddenly people were being
confronted with doing the same job they always had done as an employee, as
a freelancer. They were nervous and worried and not at all sure they were
up for this Brave New World.

I intentionally made that space homey and personal and intimate.  A shiny,
corporate environment was exactly what they did not want.  We had a guy
from the tax office come in and give lessons on how to keep books and
records as a freelancer, we had intentional freelancers come in and talk
about what it's like to freelance, we had folks come in and talk about how
to manage your retirement now you are a freelancer.

We are now two cycles away from that and have changed a lot of things since
then. I sort of miss it sometimes, though I am glad those folks are settled
now mostly.

Tip for Coworking in a recession:  keep your costs low and your powder
dry.  :-)