This is all great stuff and a good launch point to form an action list to
implement over the next 12 months.

One point that I have already taken action on is our community has always
been designed for creative businesses and most of our (Companies who are)
members identify as a Social / Design / Web / SEO / Architectural / Graphic
Design / Literacy / PR... Agency. But we fell into the trap of charging
more (read Sydney market prices) because we could, not because it was the
best thing for the teams.

The learning here is that we value the diversity our small 1-4 person
companies brought to the community, but incentivised larger companies
through cheaper desks (because they bought more), the old pricing structure
was:

1-3 Desks... $750 a month
4-8 Desks... $700 a month
9+ Desks... $650 a month

But we have now just changed it to a flat $650 per desk per month
regardless of numbers, and surprisingly (or not) 6 of our smaller companies
instantly committed to taking additional desks, which is going to
completely replace a company of 10 that are due to move out at the start of
December.

@Angel your article was great, thanks for writing it and linking to it.

@Alex your points on what is the actual value to members was the final
prompt for me to change the pricing up for our members, and now the
challenge is to reconnect with the community to identify other ways to
bring them value and actively support them in leaner times

- Carl, Your Desk