TL;DR:
- Testers, please set PERL_USE_UNSAFE_INC=0 to make the bugs actually show up.
- P5P: I don't know what to say, but testers aren't yet to really even
start showing the real . in @INC Bugs, please proceed with caution.

----

I'm getting a little afraid that not enough testers are running in
configurations that expose '.' in @INC errors.

I had expected to have the Testers Matrixes filled with reds and
yellows already, but it seems whenever I stumble into a "this package
is broken with '.' in @INC", I look in the matrix, and all I see is
green.

This means all 3 classes of scope problems are hidden.

- Makefile.PL failures are missing
- t/  failures are missing

and importantly:

- tests exposing runtime bugs are missing.

Because setting '.' by default in the test phases not only makes the
tests pass superficially,
but hides the runtime bugs.

For example, Data::FormValidator has a runtime bug:

And yet:

http://fast-matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Data-FormValidator+4.85

I'm the only person of the many who tested it to spot the failure that
affects 5.26

Essentially, it seems the Majority of testers right now are repressing
a serious failure path in their tester stacks.

Here's something further upriver:

http://fast-matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=MRO-Compat+0.12

Makefile.PL broken "because MI".

This is a real problem that affects downstream installations and
vendors.( Even though vendors will do their own testing/stuff, seeing
the bugs upstream before they percolate through the ecosystem is very
much useful )

But so far I'm the only one who had a stack setup to error. ( And it
wasn't even hard: I'm just using cpanm )

--
Kent