> On Dec 31, 2017, at 12:52 PM, Henk P. Penning <penn...@uu.nl> wrote:
>
>  Ok ; here is the same thing with a /local/site.json file,
>  instead of a /local/site.js file :
>
>    http://cpan.cs.uu.nl/ondex2.html
>
>  View the page's source for javascript code and user instructions.
>
>  I think I prefer having local mods confined to "/local/",
>  and to disallow any other changes.

The entire point of a mirror is that it is an exact duplicate of all others and
the master.

Whilst I understand that there is a desire to acknowledge the generosity and
resources borne by the host of each mirror, aside from the potential sec issues
and it opening a door for other requests, it bothers me to think that the
anonymity of the network over the decades now needs to be acknowledged by
individual operators which, to my mind, opens the door for advertising, too.

I can’t imagine most mirrors are such a great burden on network resources as to
be needing some kind of remuneration in the form of a logo or advertising.

e.

--
            -=]) elaine ashton // eash...@mac.com // HFB ([=-
          -=]) That's the difference between governments and ([=-