> > To wit, no two people can safely tell the same lie to the same person.

Choate:
> Actually they can, only one (or both, if we allow 3 or more agents, only
> one is required to 'know' the lie) of the people must believe it is the
> truth.

Well, I doan' kno' nuttin' 'bout no agents. That fact has been established.

But, you know, after pondering on that a bit...What if "the lie" was
supposedly "really secret stuff?"

You know, "ME LUCKY CHARMS!"

I know the little boys and girls are after me lucky charms.

If "3 or more agents" happen to run in the door with me lucky charms, that
might smell really fishy to some people since leprechauns are hard to catch.
Furthermore, if you ask them about these lucky charms in isolation, they
better know the lucky charms like the back of their hand, or further
investigation is likely to review not-so-lucky inconsistencies. The
"knowing" part can be rendered irrelevant by context, indeed it is sometimes
imperative that everybody KNOW so as to provide...uhm.....secondary and
alternative consistency.

And, "lucky charm lies" can take many forms, including physical, which might
be subject to verification, additional investigation and other stuff I don't
want to happen to me lucky charms, because I might want the enemy to believe
they are TRULY "lucky," "charmed," and "mine."

I'm sure "it depends," but perhaps that wisdom came from just such a
situation.