I disagree with changing scope note of Mark (removing indication of
authority, purpose, etc.) because this fundamentally changes the semantic
meaning of Mark, rendering my entire use case obsolete.

The only real point of contention in my mind is whether Inscription is a
subclass of Mark. It can be in some circumstances, but not in others. But I
do think that an Inscription is universally a Linguistic Object. So I would
suggest removing the Mark superclass from Inscription in the ontology
itself. This still allows individual users to assign both the Mark and
Inscription classes to objects within their own data.

Ethan