Dear All,

The current text "Expressing the CIDOC Conceptual Reference Model in RDF" (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zCGZ4iBzekcEYo4Dy0hI8CrZ7dTkMD2rJaxavtEOET0/edit?ts=5b50b922)

contains the phrase:
"In addition, for convenience of implementation we have defined number-only classes and properties e.g. “E63” or “P2”, and declared each of them to be equivalent to the corresponding full form"

In the past, this option was provided and widely rejected by users. I do not know of any installation using it.

It was proposed again because CRM-SIG reserves the right to change labels without changing the code ("E63", "P2" etc.), in cases when the meaning is preserved but the existing label causes confusion and can be replaced by a more fitting or at least less confusing one. These changes are very rare, and explicit in the amendment of the respective version.

Those of you who support:
"In addition, for convenience of implementation we have defined number-only classes and properties e.g. “E63” or “P2”, and declared each of them to be equivalent to the corresponding full form"
 please vote *YES.

*Those of you who support:
"The English label is part of the definition of the RDF classes and properties. Number-only classes and properties e.g. “E63” or “P2”, are not provided". Other means of supporting migration between label versions to be discussed.

please vote *NO.

*(Those who believe the issue is not sufficiently formulated please vote "VETO". One or more "VETO" will stop the e-mail vote as a whole and postpone it to the next physical meeting)

Best

Martin

                               |  Email: mar...@ics.forth.gr |