Martin wrote in particular:
  Reduce in CRMbase Mesaurement , P40 observed dimension, to E18 Physical
Thing. Add 3 different properties “has dimension” in CRMBase to E70 Thing,
E53 Place, E4 Period (or E2 Temp Entity).

I agree with your argumentation, and believe that the changes in CRM Base
would be:

P39 measured:
  Range changes from E1 CRM Entity to E18 Physical Thing

PXX1_has_dimension
  Domain: E53 Place
  Range: E54 Dimension

PXX2_has_dimension
  Domain: E4 Period
  Range: E54 Dimension

to be cognate with P43 has dimension for E70s.

The question would remain about the measuring of Non-physical Things, such
as the number of symbols in a E90 symbolic object... but I don't have that
use case, so am happy to leave the discussion to someone that does :)

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson
Director for Cultural Heritage Metadata